Counterpoint vs. Point: Is conference utilized efficiently or are students wasting time?

There is no question that numerous students tend to procrastinate their school work, and sometimes this work does not get completed until the bell, or does not get completed at all.  Students utilize the conference period to make up tests or attend club meetings, when the period could be changed altogether into what could rather be something similar to a study hall. 

There are dozens of students on campus who have extremely busy schedules, and could find benefit in conference time being changed. Students with these busy schedules could find themselves tied up with club meetings and extracurricular activities, making it more difficult to get school work done on time. Club meetings remain important, but it is far more important that students are given time to complete the work they need to, which a study hall in place of conference would accomplish.

The conference period is utilized well by students as is, however improvements could be seen all around if it was changed into a study hall period, for students to catch up on their work or allow them to do whatever they need to do. Busier students especially may struggle to complete school work well, and conference period could be much better utilized as a time for students to catch up when outside factors may be holding them back.