When Perry runs out of space!

Christian Rincon, Staff Reporter

Students who have their own vehicle need a place to park well now there is parking space for students who drive to school. The Parking spaces have now begun to be purchased by many students but some who are not able to get in time and purchase a space have a hard time.

There are 930 parking spaces in the school but approximately only 730 of those lots are available for students. Senior have access to the lot and have to pay 80$ for a year and have their license and insurance in order to get the space. However, juniors have to do a lottery lot so they have an equal chance to get a space.

Staff and teachers get space for sure but freshmen and sophomores can get a space if they have the money, license, and paperwork and must attend puma days. The school has does not have a huge amount of land in order to get more parking spaces.

However, the system so far has been working for students who attend Perry high. But the students who don’t have a parking space have a harder time getting to school and for some who do own a parking space have the same problems as those who don’t have a space. But indeed they get there and park but there’s the problem of trying to park and people not moving fast enough or someone parked their and even when you have already parked you still have to run to class but with a short amount of time.

Therefore, the parking space is not so great but still it does benefit students and helps them not to worry and see if they can find a parking space.