Filed under News, Showcase

Potential new C-Building hopes to alleviate crowded hallways

Because of the influx in student enrollment at Perry, the idea of a new C-building has been brought up.

Ryan Leighter

Ryan Leighter

As enrollment continues to soar on campus, the need for more classrooms also grows. We saw this three years ago when, during the 2015-16 year, CUSD added an extension to the F-building, housing science and CTE classes and effectively eliminating the need for as many traveling teachers. But even with the new building, there are still teachers in the bus barn and still some traveling.

Shelley Lee, a sophomore English teacher in her first year of teaching at Perry, is a traveling teacher. “There are worse things that can happen. It’s not awful but I prefer to have a classroom. I would enjoy not having to move around,” she said.  

To fix this problem of traveling teachers not having their own rooms, the school is looking into building another building: the new C-building. They are looking to add in the new building behind the current C-building and turn the bus barn into a larger bus area. The new C-building will be the same size as the new F-building.

Miya Clanton, a freshman, said, “I feel like [having the new building] would be easier. We will have more time to be in class and we will learn more.” She said that it is hard for the students in the bus barn to learn all they can when they are missing out on class time because they are let out early in order to make it to their next class.

This new building has not been accepted by the school board yet and is only simply an idea as of now. But already, students and faculty are interested in the idea and are waiting to see where it goes.

Sophomore Evan Ohme commented that walking to the bus barn, “is not my favorite, especially when it’s cold out.”

The whole point of building the new C-building is to allow traveling teachers the chance to have their own classrooms. Since the new F-building, the amount of traveling teachers has decreased but there are still some teachers that are in need of their own classrooms.

“I can’t wait to have my own classroom,” Lee said with a smile. “It will be much easier on my organizational issues.”

About the Writer
Morgan Chung, Staff Reporter and Editor
Hi, my name is Morgan. I am a senior at Perry and this is my second year in newspaper. I write about Math, Science, STEM, local news, and local government. I like long romantic walks to the fridge. I am not afraid to state what other people do not have the guts to say. I...