Filed under Sports

Unified program gaining momentum

Back to Article
Back to Article

Unified program gaining momentum

Junior Adam Baumgarth scores a goalin the unified soccer game against Casteel High school on December 5.

Annie Brown

Annie Brown

Annie Brown

If everyone lived unified people can be unstoppable. The unified soccer team has not lost a game yet this season. Seniors, Cooper Harris, David Reese, and Fletcher Jones may be spending their last year with the team but they plan on leading the group through the season. 

On the night of December 5, the bright stadium lights illuminated the field for the game. The Pumas step onto the grass ready to play. Little did Coach Escalante know that when Cooper Harris stepped onto the field he would take over the role of unified partner, not only as a player. “With his experience as football team manager,he brings things that coach Jones teaches to our unified team,” partner Anna Myers said. Instead of scoring every goal all by himself, Harris would pass the ball to his teammates so that they had a chance to score. Harris wanted his other teammates to feel the same glory and excitement after a goal that he gets to experience every game. The goal scorers were not the typical players that get the ball into the back of the net. But even if they didn’t end up scoring they all did spectacular, whether it was on offense or defense.

The Pumas ended up winning the game 8-4 against the Casteel Colts.

About the Writer
Kenna Cassey, Staff Reporter

Kenna Cassey is a freshman and is a first year journalism writer. I write about SPED, Unified sports, Badminton, and sports features. I enjoy listening...