Get to know your front office, everyones roles up front

Henry Honeycutt
With new people working in the front office it can be confusing where to go and who to talk too. This is a simplified map of the front office labeled with names and job titles.

As you walk into the main entrance of the front office immediately you’ll notice a door to the left and right. Heading to the right you will see a door with the sign “Health Office.” As you walk in you will be greeted by Nurse Juleen Barth or her health assistant Serena Bryant. Both ladies work together to manage the health office. Something you may not know about Barth is that she’s a big sports fan and so is her family as her kids and grandkids all participate in sports. For Bryant, she loves the outdoors, exploring, and animals. She currently owns two cats. 

Walking back out to the main entrance you’ll see the big receptionist desk straight ahead. There you will meet our school’s receptionist Patricica Laguna. ”I am trip site tech. I do a lot of different things. We just multitask.” Laguna is a grandmother and adores her grandkids. To the left of the front desk is a smaller desk attached to the wall. This is where Catherine Hendon resides. She is the school’s counseling secretary. “I work with scheduling equipments, parent teacher conferences, and then I do a lot of registration like enrollments, withdrawals, open enrollments.” Her advice for students is to “…do your work, come to school, turn it in.” 

Back out at the receptionist desk to the left you’ll notice a hallway with three different desks along the way. The first desk you pass is where Margaret(Marti) Hoefer works. Hoefer is the school’s administrative assistant. She is new to Arizona so make sure to give her some good first impressions. The second desk you’ll reach belongs to Tamera (Tammy) Messerole. She is the attendance interventionist. “What I do is I watch students’ attendance and when they start missing too many days I try to contact family and the student via email and then if I have to via phone to make sure they’re getting to school or figure out why they’re not.” One thing a lot of people don’t know about Messerole is that she played soccer in college. Continuing on, you’ll reach the last desk of the three. This belongs to the school’s very own resource officer, Officer Jesse Allen. He is a police officer assigned to Perry and there “to help assist the school and students and if anything that may come up that would require my attention whether it’s to keep students safe in the event of some sort of threat to the campus or to just answer questions for people.” Something most people don’t know about Officer Allen is that he played tuba in the ASU marching band. 

Back out at the main entrance  we’ll visit the attendance office before we go. Heading down from the left halfway is an open door to the right of the entrance where you’ll meet Mayra Betencourt and the other attendance technicians. Betancourt “checks students in and out or processes tarties.” Betencourt is trilingual and new to the school this year so make sure to give her a warm welcome. Her advice for Perry students’ success is to “be on time, work by yourself, focus.” In the attendance office is a door straight out to campus where we will make our way out. Don’t forget to stop by again if you need assistance!