Fashion show debuts ensembles from all eras

Mia Irvin, Staff Reporter

On the 9th of April, the courtyard of Perry High was transformed into a catwalk alive with rebellion and style. The annual fashion show debuted outfits from the 1920s-2020s all designed by and modeled by Perry students.

The show kicked off with an iconic piece made popular by Coco Chanel, “the little black dress” designed by Fashion Three students. Senior Madison Lundgren is a Fashion Three student. “The most rewarding aspect of the show is definitely getting to watch your designs walk down the runway.” Lundgren shares. “It’s crazy how one day you were just working on them in class, and now you to get show people what you’ve done.”

The show highlighted each decade with a few models wearing pieces inspired by the trends of that particular era. Models who looked like they lept from the pages of The Great Gatsby were followed by modern poodle skirts and pearls. Models adorned with the bellbottoms and lace of the 70s were trailed by the bright neon shirts of the 80s and the grunge of the 90s.

The show provided designers who plan on entering the world of fashion as a career or students who plan on modelling with the perfect venue to work on their craft. Freshman Louis Zozobrado was one of the models who wore an outfit inspired by the 1940s. “I perform all the time,” Zozobrado says. “I do theater, so I wasn’t as nervous.”

But for Zozobrado, this event was not just a chance to step into the spotlight. “Being a freshman, you don’t know a lot of people, but I met tons of new friends there.”

For senior Estefania Moreno, the fashion club president, this show was another opportunity to practice for her future. “I want to have my own business, that’s going to be my reality.” the ambitious designer states. “I’m going to have my own shows, and my own collection where everything is going to be made by me.” Moreno states.

So on the outside something that might seem like just a fashion show, can mean so much more than just clothes. It can be a chance to make friends, or a launch pad for a career.