Winter sports preview

Girls soccer

Katie Duford, Staff reporter

Two years ago the varsity girls soccer team lost to Desert Mountain preventing them from becoming the state champions. Last year was a repeat, but this year the team hopes to change that. They plan to beat Desert Mountain at their first game on Dec. 1. Losing that game last season has pushed the girls this year to work harder and accomplish their goal of making state. Maryn Behling, a senior o...

Boys Soccer

Kylie Vacala, Staff reporter

November is the worst time to call yourself a soccer player; from juggling an already stressful life, plus the added pressure that comes from school tryouts to some also having to balance it with their commitment to their club teams.  The men’s soccer team will be experiencing this in full force.  The disappointing record from last year, being a  7-11 overall and a league score of 4-8, provide...

Wrestling

Zach Klein, Sports Editor

In an environment smothered by high glitz and glamour sports like football and basketball, the hard work and grit of a high school wrestling team often goes unnoticed. For Head Coach Darren Johnson, this just is not fair. “Once you go to a wrestling meet, it’s exciting, it is watching a bunch of fights. We can’t get a lot of students to come,” said Johnson. This could very well be ...

Girls basketball

Lauryn Zachary, Staff reporter

Boys basketball

Lauren Fountain, Staff reporter

The Precedent • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Precedent Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.