Filed under Entertainment, Showcase

Winter musical steps out of the box with different preformers

Two+students+who+are+playing+a+main+role+in+the+upcoming+winter+musical+practice+there+music.+
Two students who are playing a main role in the upcoming winter musical practice there music.

Lizzy Jensen

Lizzy Jensen

Christmas is coming early this year. Theater productions of White Christmas is bringing together the fine arts departments to tell the story true love. The jazz choir, jazz band, and Movéo are all putting in the efforts to make the story line of White Christmas come alive. The story line starts after two men start a song and dance company after they get out of the war. They get a letter from two girls that are putting on a show, when the four meet, two of them make a connection (Bob and Betty), while the other two do not realize their connection and are put through obstacles to make their love stronger. Senior Lizzy Jensen is playing one of four main characters, Betty, is most excited for the departments coming together to make an amazing show, “I love doing it because it’s such a classic musical, and it’s just a really fun story line, and it’s nice to work with all the departments to create one cohesive production.”

Jensen’s partner “Bob” who is being played by Sophomore Austin Porter, is having his first depute in a musical on Perry’s stage. Porter is most excited about “building the bonds with my friends and my new theater family.”

Bringing four different departments together for one production can have its struggles. Director Shawna Marquis, is most excited to put on an actual musical, “it’s awesome, this is how a musical is supposed to be, it is a great opportunity to have the jazz band to perform all of our music and giving the jazz choir the experience to perform in a live musical and give a different setting for the dance teams.”

Marquis agrees that “it is a bit of a challenge for some groups when it comes to time management, but the amount of talent that is in these departments makes the whole process worth it.”

Porter believes that the biggest struggle is “taking all the separate pieces and combining them and putting them together from a bunch of separate groups to create one production.”

Jensen believes that the biggest challenge will be also be combining all the departments in three weeks. But she has high hopes for this production “it’s is a different twist then what we would do for winter fest, but I think we will have a great turnout because this production is different then what we have done in the past.”

Marquis has faith in this production just because “all the talent in this school is crazy, all the departments are putting in the time and effort that it take to make a great production, the cast is learning their lines, the choir and jazz band is learning there music and the dance team is learning there choreography.”

Come support your fine arts departments, White Christmas is holding their productions on Nov. 30-Dec. 1 at 7 p.m. and Dec.7-9 at 7 p.m.

About the Writer
Morgan Cleary, Staff Reporter
Morgan Cleary is a first year student to newspaper, as one of the many seniors in the class, she writes for the DECA team, concert band, theater, and students fashion. When she is not writing for the paper, she is either on the basketball court or the track field, she enjoys photography and learning about...