Puma golf success in regular season continues

Mia Irvin, Sports Editor

The boys golf continuing to improve their game as the season progresses. Junior Mike Finnegan is excited to be back on the course with his teammates. “Right now we’re doing pretty solid, we started off the first tournament and ended up winning.” Finnegan says. “We came back by ten strokes and ended up winning.”
Senior Brady Hatten is looking to improve his game not only as an individual but as a whole team as well. “I would like to win state as an individual,” Hatten states. “I just [have to] keep practicing hard, keep focused, and just be patient,” he elaborates.
The team is looking to maintain their team chemistry in the hopes that it will transfer onto the course. “Team chemistry definitely helps,” Hatten says. “It definitely brings the team together, and we could probably fight through it,” Hatten explains. “[The chemistry] is better than last season, that’s for sure.”
Finnegan places the same amount of importance on the team dynamic. “We get [along] really well,” Finnegan says. “You know you’re a good team when we can make fun of eachother and still take it.” Finnegan joked.
Head Coach John Lowery is looking forward to see where the team ends up this season.”We have every opportunity to be right there on the final day to have a shot.” Lowery says. “I think we have every shot to be one of the teams that could compete to win.”
Girls Golf
With a few successful matches under their belts, girls golf is moving forward and prepared for an improved season. Last year, the girls team was fairly young compared to other schools. However with returning athletes, the team is looking forward to the remainder of their season.
Sophomore Dakota Kreil especially enjoys the team comradery that comes with golfing for Perry. “I think we just support each other 110 percent and we just really push each other,” Kreil stated.
The team recently came in second to Hamilton in two different meets and is looking to get ahead before the season is over.
Head coach Brian Bernier is excited to see where the team finishes this season. “We can kind of see where we’re at compared to other teams because you never know where you’re at until you’re actually out there,” Bernier explained.