Senior doubles as student and professional model

August Bowers, Staff Reporter

Imagine walking down the streets in Los Angeles, New York, England, Australia, and all around the world; seeing your face on top of billboards and posters, advertising your work as one of the most talented models in the world. Senior Taylor Howard is living this dream and taking the modeling agencies by storm, making her way to the top at only 17 years old.

When she was 15, Howard went to an open call for Ford modeling agencies in Scottsdale and was put on the fast track with photo shoots, fashion shows, etc., by the time she hit 16. “After signing with Ford, I signed with Wilhelmina. Wilhelmina is one of the biggest modeling agencies in the world.,” states Howard.

With graduation just around the corner, Howard already has plans to expand her career after high school. “June 1st I’m going to L.A. for a month, working there with Wilhelmina. In August, I’m going to Tokyo and then after that, I’m going to Australia and I’ll come home for the holidays.” She has a busy time ahead of her, going back to New York for fashion week in February and making yet another pit stop in Milan.

Being 17 years old, there still comes responsibility like every other teenager: school. Howard shares her struggles as a student with a full time job, “[One struggle is] definitely keeping up with school work. I am really organized so I have straight A’s and I only have three classes. It’s never been a problem, but it is kind of hard.” To maintain such a crammed schedule, Howard has completed online classes to allow herself a shortened school day.

During a recent press conference with Principal Dan Serrano, he shared his thoughts on the many talented kids we have here at Perry, including Howard, “It is actually pretty incredible; [I’m] not surprised with the type of kids that we have here.” Howard is among several other successful students with a big career that came a little bit early, but with modified schedules and understanding administration, they have been able to make it work.

While at work, Howard has her number one supporter every step of the way, her mom Michelle. Without missing a single runway show or photoshoot, she has stayed by her daughter’s side, keeping her humble and true to herself, “Words cannot describe how proud I am of her. She has come so far in such a short amount of time and her drive for success inspires me.”